Dear IGDA Members:
We had a lot of follow up and communications this week after the Board meeting and the Leadership Forum. The notes from the Board meeting and Minutes will be coming later on today.
– Newsletter: The latest issue of the newsletter came out this week, with some final edits and reviews required. Changing this over to HTML is on the list, but not a top priority at this time.
– Healthcare Program: Some announcements and clarifications went out throughout the week, and I had a follow up call with Stuart Pase, the President of AHP. He and I have scheduled a kick off meeting for Dec. 1st. Joe and Jamil will be on the call, and anyone else who would like to join is welcome. I have not set a final time with Stuart yet, but will send out the info ASAP. I believe we will be able to have a soft Launch in December, and a full launch in January. So we’ll be discussing the operational aspects and communications/Marketing plan for the year ahead.
– Webinar: We had Marc Mencher’s webinar this week. 79 attendees, and another successful on-line event. Tom Edwards is next, and Joseph and I are in discussions with a potential sponsor for that webinar, and possibly a larger/longer term sponsor arrangement as well. Our call with this company will take place next Monday, and I will apprise you of the results when I return to the office. We have also begun lining up the 1st quarter webinars, and I am trying to get us up to having 2/month, which is a little more effort but well worth it I believe.
– Leadership Forum Wrap Up: We had several calls: Josh/Staff, Josh/Toby, Josh/Heather, about the leadership forum this week, and I am planning on having a post mortem with the committee on the event the 1st week of December, and also beginning the process of getting the forum started for next year. I want to have the location, sponsor options, and content locked down by May of 2010, so we can do a proper job of marketing the event.
– Website: We’re continuing to move forward here. With a request for volunteers going out today to form a technical task force.
– GDC: The team and I have been working on logistics and sponsorship opps this week. We are confirming the Metreon (sp?) location, which should be large enough and very accessible. In addition, we are building a list of sponsor opportunities which we will begin selling as early as the 1st week of December. We have 8 interested partners looking for sponsorship opportunities, and as I explained during the board meeting, I am presenting smaller dollar options that can scale up to larger amounts with parties interest. Jamil has volunteered to be part of our second GDC sponsor discussion where we will begin discussing the results of the brainstorming sessions and how to go after sponsorships.
We had a number of minor operational items and SIG ops items that went on behind the scenes this week, but overall, a solid week, and I look forward to pushing ahead with our new programs and revenue opportunities for December and the 1st quarter of next year.
– I will be out of the office, and am not planning on doing much IGDA stuff next week, with the exception of this sponsorship sales call on Monday.
– I will be heading up to Mass for the Boston Chapter meeting on the 8th. Darius has invited me to give an IGDA year end wrap up.